Marina Berth Licence Ownership
Ownership of a Licence to Occupy for a marina berth at Gulf Harbour Marina offers long-term access to some of the best that the Hauraki Gulf has to offer – sailing, fishing, cruising and more. Plus, licences at Gulf Harbour Marina are valid until July 2088.
How to acquire a Licence to Occupy
- Find a berth: contact a marine broker, keep an eye on Trade Me listings, or contact our Marina Office for an updated list of berths that are currently for sale.
- Agree with seller on a sale price and settlement date.
- Verify ownership before settling any funds.
- Complete the berth licence transfer request form.
- Ensure the transfer fee is paid (this can be paid by either the seller or the buyer, or evenly split).
- Seller needs to confirm receipt of funds in writing to the Marina Office.
- Marina Office will issue a new Marina Berth Licence.
Can’t find a berth that you like? Apply to be on our waitlist and we’ll get in touch when we have a berth to sell that fits your requirements.
How to sell a Licence to Occupy
- Check with the Marina Office about current market rates and request a copy of the berth licence transfer request form (or download it here).
- Choose how you want to sell – privately (e.g. through Trade Me or other private channel), through the Marina Office, or through a marine broker.
- Decide how you want to manage the transfer fee – do you want this to be a part of the negotiation?
- Once you have agreed on an offer, complete the berth licence transfer request form, arrange for the payment of the transfer fee and the new licence can then be issued to the new owner.
Want to find out more about how the Marina team can facilitate a sale on your behalf? Call for details 09 424 6200.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to help, but do note that it is the vendor’s and purchaser’s responsibility to obtain their own legal advice.